GCPA is always accepting applications for Teaching Artists in the disciplines of Voice, Dance, Acting, and Musical Theatre.
Immediate openings are available for SUMMER and FALL for Dance, Voice, Acting, and Musical Theatre instructors. Musical Theatre instructors must be proficient and trained in at least one discipline of musical theatre and capable of teaching all three disciplines (singing, dancing, and acting) to young children. See job description and application instructions below.
Gateway Center for Performing Arts employs Teaching Artists for fall, winter, spring, and summer programming, including classes, workshops, and educational community programs. Teaching Artists represent GCPA and its mission to clients and the community and are an integral part of promoting the company and its services.
Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching assigned classes and projects in alignment with GCPA's core curriculum and standards
- Creating all course materials, including syllabus, sheet music, lyric sheets, and scripts
- Creating secondary course materials including craft projects, costuming, and props
- Collaborating with the Director of Education to provide superior communication and goal tracking with students and families
- A Bachelors Degree in Performing Arts, Performing Arts Education, or a related discipline OR
- 3-5 years teaching experience in a performance arts related field
- A working knowledge of repertoire from all genres and eras related to individual disciplines
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Independent and confident leadership
- Clear and professional communication, both written and oral
- A strong work ethic and a high value on customer service
- Superior classroom management skills and comfort with a diversity of student ages, personalities, and abilities
- Ability to multitask and maintain composure in high-intensity situations
How to Apply:
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org